httpd-users mailing list archives

From Toomas Aas <toomas....@raad.tartu.ee>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.2.16 and directory
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:01:53 GMT
E, 27 sept  2010 kirjutas Alain Roger <raf.news@gmail.com>:

> like under Windows OS, i would like to have different directories under
> fedora which will represent my different tools.
> for example if my fedora server address is 192.168.1.2 and i have a tool
> named 'tool1' URL should look like:
> 192.168.1.2/tools1/
>
> where 'tool1' should be be found in /var/www/html/tool1/ directory.
>
> how can i do that under fedora ?
> Should the directory have particular rights ?

If your DocumentRoot is set to /var/www/html and this directory
already exists, then just:

cd /var/www/html
mkdir tool1
(copy whatever files you need into this directory).

Rights of this directory should allow the user your Apache is running
as (possibly www) read, but not write files in this directory. In a
typical environment, this is what tends to happen without any further
operator intervention, but you should verify the rights using 'ls -l'.

--
Toomas Aas