httpd-users mailing list archives

From FUNASAKI KENJI <ofuna...@yahoo.co.jp>
Subject [users@httpd] Can Apache Proxy Balancer gerenate value into cookie ?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 02:11:14 GMT
Hi,

I use Apache Proxy Balancer and Tomcat.
And I succeeded Load Balancing and Sticky Session.

However, I'd like not to use AP's jvmRoute,
And I wish that Apach Proxy Balancer would set jvmRoute into user's cookie.
( like Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, load balancer-generated HTTP cookies.
  http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticLoadBalancing/latest/DeveloperGuide/index.html?US_EnableStickySessionsLBCookies.html
 )

For example,

first time, userA access host1 through LB,
and the LB set JSESSIONID=xxx.jvm1 into user's cookie.
After that, user continue to connect host1 through LB.

Is it possible ?

---- httpd.conf -----------
ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/ lbmethod=byrequests timeout=5 stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On

ProxyPassReverse / balancer://mycluster/

<Proxy balancer://mycluster/>
BalancerMember host1 route=jvm1
BalancerMember host2 route=jvm2
</Proxy>