httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Garg, Saman" <Saman_G...@intuit.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache mod-jk log rotate issue
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:28:22 GMT
Thanks Jeff for your reply.
Is apache expected to not create new mod-jk log right on restart? Shouldn't it create file
with 0 bytes on restart even if there is nothing to write at restart?
Regarding request being used to update mod jk with error, I had tried with loglevel set to
INFO, I could see an entry for that same request as ERROR so I think request should be good.

Thanks

________________________________

From: Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Mon Sep 13 04:57:25 2010
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache mod-jk log rotate issue

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Garg, Saman <Saman_Garg@intuit.com> wrote:

	Hi All,

	I am trying to implement apache mod-jk logrotate using apache
	"rotatelogs" program. Below is the entry that I have made in mod-jk
	config file where <apache_home> and <log_location> values are correctly
	specified.

	----------------------------
	JkLogFile "|/<apache_home>/bin/rotatelogs
	/<log_location>/mod_jk.log.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S 86400"
	JkLogLevel error
	----------------------------
	The problem here is after making above entries, when I do the apache
	restart for the first time, it doesn't create the new mod-jk log file.
	But when I change the log level to "info", it does create the mod-jk log
	file.
	------
	JkLogLevel info
	------

	When log level was set to "error", it waits for error to happen and
	should automatically create the mod-jk file at that time? Contrary to
	that, I tried to send the error message to update mod-jk log, but it
	still didn't create the mod-jk log.

	Could somebody please help?

rotatelogs doesn't create the file until it has something to write.

Perhaps your attempt to cause mod_jk to write an error message was unsuccessful, such that
rotatelogs had nothing to write.