httpd-users mailing list archives

From <li...@cgi-net.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy to tomcat application server
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:57:29 GMT
Hi List,

I'm running mod_jk on a apache 2.2.14 connecting to a second host, running
tomcat 5 server with a third party application.
This application is configured to display some company internal
information when accessing the page directly without any subdirectory:
like: http://<servername>/
A second application part is located under address
http://<servername>/application -> please note, this is not a directory,
this is a servlet-mapping made by tomcat (and we can't change the tomcat
setup as we would loose support for it)

My problem is now, that I only what to grant access to
http://<servername>/application for external customers through the apache
mod_jk setup.
But of some reason do I have trouble implementing this.

The stuff only works if I configure mod_jk to JkMount /* - but with that,
also the page ttp://<servername>/ is access-able.
I've also tried it with Rewrite rules, etc. but nothing was/is working.

I therefore would kindly appreciate if someone could give me a hint on
that.
If you have questions or if you require additional information, feel free
to ask for them.

Thanks and all the best,
Simon