httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Zappo <frank_za...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirection based on HTTP Host header
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:18:27 GMT

Good day,

Is there a way to specify directives to scan the HTTP Host header for specific attributes,
and then redirect based upon the value of those attributes?  For example, I'd like my server
to be configured such that my client can open an HTTPS session to the same address/port regardless
of whether the client has an RSA-based certificate or an ECC-based certificate.  So, the server
would check the HTTP Host header to determine the whether the client is ECC-capable and then
redirect to a different ECC-capable port, otherwise it would use the default port.

Or is there a better way to accomplish the same thing?  Any comments would be appreciated.

Frank