httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] The biggest size of uploaded file using Apache2.2
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:41:05 GMT

On Aug 10, 2010, at 5:50 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 10 Aug 2010, at 08:11, Frédéric SOSSON wrote:
>
>> according to this page
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html Linux on Itanium
>> CPU cannot handle files over 2GB
>
> No it doesn't.  It notes a limitation of sendfile, and (without
> knowing who
> wrote that line and what they checked) I'd suspect that might depend
> on choice of filesystem and kernel options.
>
> "EnableSendfile Off" is always a safe option in Apache.
> Sometimes it's the best option for performance, too.

That line was added to the document in r330271 which was 2005-11-02
10:27:16 -0500 (Wed, 02 Nov 2005)

We're currently on r979120.

I strongly suspect that this is something that has simply carried over
from one version to another, and hasn't been tested recently. I would
encourage someone to test this, and submit a doc patch. I don't have
access to Linux on Itanium, so am unable to do so.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com