httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Hasicek <martin.hasi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mythweb Access Forbidden
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:15:23 GMT
Hi Mark,

by directive DirectoryIndex you are enumerate files, which will be listed in
case, when client will point only to dorectory. So in case that client will
call http://mythweb/ apache will check existence of files enumerated by
DirectoryIndex. If it is not able to find them, apache try to do autoindex -
display directory in web form.

Autoindex is disabled by Options in your configuration and DirectoryIndex is
not present in directory. Logical result of it is 403.

I hope it will help you.

mh

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Mark Adams <madams9@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Frank Gingras <
> francois.gingras@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On 25/08/2010 12:05 PM, Mark Adams wrote:
>>
>>> I really hate to bother the group with this issue because my ignorance
>>> about
>>> apache access is so profound. But here goes.
>>>
>>> I was attempting to get mythweb accessible from the Internet and just all
>>> of
>>> a sudden, it was not available (error 403).  I have spent hours editing
>>> the
>>> hddpd.conf file, the mythweb.conf file, file permissions, implementing