httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to configure for downloading files?
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:27:14 GMT
> Sorry. You mean I have to add the following lines to my httpd.conf ?
> DocumentRoot "C:/qemu"
> Alias /disk/ "C:/qemu/disk"

i don't think you'd add a DocumentRoot.  If you did, you wouldn't
create an Alias for a directory underneath it.

I expected you'd identify where you want to serve your content from,
and where it lives in your filesystem, with an Alias directive. You
also usually need a <Directory> to actually allow Apache to serve from
that directory.

> If I need to have links to download the disk image files placed in the
> intended directory from the web server ?

This is only half of a question.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com