httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issue with mod_proxy encoding URL's
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:41:21 GMT
> In to Apache proxy:
> GET
> /arsys/forms/remprod.com/%2BXYZ%3AChange+Password+Dialogue/Default+Admin+View/?
> HTTP/1.1
>
> Out to target server:
> GET
> /arsys/forms/remprod.com/+XYZ:Change+Password+Dialogue/Default+Admin+View/?
> HTTP/1.1

> Is there some switch that I can turn on to have it properly encode the
> plus?  Or, since this is the only affected URL (so far), there is some sort
> of workaround that you can think of?

The + is not reserved in the path part of the URL, so when mod_proxy
does a canonical encoding it doesn't unnecessarily encode the +.

Sounds like your app is applying some special, non-spec significance
to fields in the URL.  You might try reading the cautions about the
mod_proxy "nocanon" option and seeing if it helps.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com