httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil Howard <ttip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suexec for another user
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:37:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:23, David Ricar <reg@ethernet.cz> wrote:
> Hello,

I don't think I see anything you are trying to accomplish different
than an ordinary multiuser server.  You should be able to configure
where CGI can be run from to a narrow space.  I assume FTP is for the
site owner to upload, including upload CGI.

For maintenance, it might be easier for you to make an suexec wrapper.
 Run your wrapper to do custom checks and if it decides to go on, it
runs suexec.  That way your maintenance is for your program, only, and
you have to track a lot fewer changes to Apache code (basically just
the suexec environment being passed along).

--
sHiFt HaPpEnS!