httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Jackie.W...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_ssl in Apache 2.2.15
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 09:53:55 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

Joost, when I ran ldd, I got these two lines related to ssl. Does it mean that it is ok?

libssl.so.0.9.8 => /apache-2.2.15/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 (0x00002b37889ba000)
libssl.so.6 => /lib64/libssl.so.6 (0x00002b3789707000)

Jaqui, I am not sure how I can test it as I can't even start httpd because of the error.

Jackie

-----Original Message-----
From: Joost de Heer [mailto:joost@sanguis.xs4all.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:40 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl in Apache 2.2.15

On 08/02/2010 06:52 PM, Jackie.Wong@barclayscapital.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the source of apache 2.2.15 and compiled it with openssl.
> Then I downloaded mod_authz_ldap 0.29 from http://authzldap.othello.ch/ and
> compiled it with no issues. I did specify apr-1-config, apu-1-config, apxs and
> openssl when running ./configure. Here is the command I used:
>
> ./configure --with-openssl-path=/apache-2.2.15/include/openssl
> --with-apr=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apr-1-config
> --with-apu=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apu-1-config --with-apxs=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apxs
>
> Then I ran the make command. When it was finished, there was a file called
> "mod_authz_ldap.so.0.0.0" created under modules/.lib. I renamed it to
> mod_authz_ldap.so and copied it to the modules directory under apache 2.2.15.
>
> However, when I started httpd, it complained about "undefined symbol:
> ssl_var_lookup". I searched on google and this is a function in mod_ssl. I did
> have the LoadModule line for mod_ssl before the LoadModule line for
> mod_authz_ldap in httpd.conf. I assume mod_ssl will be loaded before
> mod_authz_ldap. Is this correct? If yes, can someone please advise why it
> doesn't work?

Judging by the strange --with-openssl-path in the configure: The module doesn't
know where to find the SSL libraries.

Try 'ldd /path/to/mod_authz_ldap.so' and see if the SSL library is found. If
not, you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /path/to/ssl-lib. Don't forget to
add this to your startup scripts too.

Joost

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.