httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Jackie.W...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_ssl in Apache 2.2.15
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 07:31:41 GMT
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have. Is there anyway I can check to see if it is correct?

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Greenlees [mailto:lists@jaqui-greenlees.net]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 10:00 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl in Apache 2.2.15

Jackie.Wong@barclayscapital.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the source of apache 2.2.15 and compiled it with openssl. Then I downloaded
mod_authz_ldap 0.29 from http://authzldap.othello.ch/ and compiled it with no issues. I did
specify apr-1-config, apu-1-config, apxs and openssl when running ./configure. Here is the
command I used:

> ./configure --with-openssl-path=/apache-2.2.15/include/openssl --with-apr=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apr-1-config
--with-apu=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apu-1-config --with-apxs=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apxs

> Then I ran the make command. When it was finished, there was a file called "mod_authz_ldap.so.0.0.0"
created under modules/.lib. I renamed it to mod_authz_ldap.so and copied it to the modules
directory under apache 2.2.15.

> However, when I started httpd, it complained about "undefined symbol: ssl_var_lookup".
I searched on google and this is a function in mod_ssl. I did have the LoadModule line for
mod_ssl before the LoadModule line for mod_authz_ldap in httpd.conf. I assume mod_ssl will
be loaded before mod_authz_ldap. Is this correct? If yes, can someone please advise why it
doesn't work?

> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Jackie

have you installed a certificate for mod_ssl to use for the encryption key?

Jaqui

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.