httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.2.16 and pthread
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 08:30:26 GMT

On 28 Aug 2010, at 05:11, CC wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded 2.2.16 and am trying to compile it, but I'm getting
> an error:
>
> /usr/lib/apr-1.3.3/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=link i486-slackware-linux-gcc -pthread
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -o htpasswd htpasswd.lo -lm /home/compile/httpd-2.2.16/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la
/usr/lib/libaprutil-1.la -ldb-4.4 -lexpat /usr/lib/libapr-1.la -luuid -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread
-ldl
> /usr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_setprotocol@GLIBC_2.4'
> /usr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np@GLIBC_2.4'
> /usr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_consistent_np@GLIBC_2.4'

Have you got multiple versions of some core libraries on there?

It looks as if your /usr/lib/libpthread.so may be incompatible with the version against
which APR was built.  Possibly you need to reinstall APR, preferably without
anything C++-ish in the build.  And 'update all' with your package manager first,
to reduce the likelihood of being hit with similar problems in future!

--
Nick Kew