httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@distribion.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mythweb Access Forbidden
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:50:25 GMT
> -----Original Message----- From: Mark Adams
> Sent: 25 August, 2010 17:10
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Mythweb Access Forbidden
>
> Okay, thanks Martin.  I am beat.  I'm going to turn in and pick this
> up after work tomorrow morning.
>
> I appreciate your help, but it looks like we're at a dead end here
> too.  I suspect php isn't working somehow, though on the same server
> phpmyadmin and dokuwiki work just fine.

I figured I'd throw out my two cents here, since I use MythWeb myself. Based upon what I've
seen in the thread, it sounds like you are not including the apache config settings that came
with mythweb in your own apache config.

There is a file under $PREFIX/share/mythtv/mythweb/mythweb.conf.apache that holds a bunch
of settings to make mythweb usable. One of the things that file contains is a RewriteRule
to push everything through the mythweb.php script. Since you are getting a 403 errors, I'd
guess apache is looking for an index file according to DocumentIndex, not finding it, then
refusing to generate a directory listing due to restrictions on that directory.

In my setup (Debian), I simply have a symlink under /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf that
points to the aforementioned file. You'll have to tweak a few of the settings in the file
to make it work for you (database settings, some directory paths, etc), but that will probably
get you going.

-- Justin Pasher