httpd-users mailing list archives

From XorMultiPleXus <xormultiple...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] linux multithreaded mpm question
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:57:02 GMT
Hello,

i am writing a module for apache 2.2 on windows 7 with the default
mpm_winnt; My module requires that apache is run in on process with a
lot threads because i need to use the process memory to store persistent
data - because of performance i cannot use a DB, and if it is possible i
want to avoid using shared memory between processes. No problem with
mpm_winnt. The problem is that my module will be deployed on linux. As i
am a primary a windows programmer, of course, i have a little problem,
because as i have understood from documentation, mpm_winnt if windows
only. The question is, does mpm_winnt work on linux? Is there an
alternative of mpm_winnt for linux? Or can someone give me any directions?

Many thanks for answers
joe