httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joost de Heer <jo...@sanguis.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl in Apache 2.2.15
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:39:31 GMT
On 08/02/2010 06:52 PM, Jackie.Wong@barclayscapital.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the source of apache 2.2.15 and compiled it with openssl.
> Then I downloaded mod_authz_ldap 0.29 from http://authzldap.othello.ch/ and
> compiled it with no issues. I did specify apr-1-config, apu-1-config, apxs and
> openssl when running ./configure. Here is the command I used:
>
> ./configure --with-openssl-path=/apache-2.2.15/include/openssl
> --with-apr=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apr-1-config
> --with-apu=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apu-1-config --with-apxs=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apxs
>
> Then I ran the make command. When it was finished, there was a file called
> “mod_authz_ldap.so.0.0.0” created under modules/.lib. I renamed it to
> mod_authz_ldap.so and copied it to the modules directory under apache 2.2.15.
>
> However, when I started httpd, it complained about “undefined symbol:
> ssl_var_lookup”. I searched on google and this is a function in mod_ssl. I did
> have the LoadModule line for mod_ssl before the LoadModule line for
> mod_authz_ldap in httpd.conf. I assume mod_ssl will be loaded before
> mod_authz_ldap. Is this correct? If yes, can someone please advise why it
> doesn’t work?

Judging by the strange --with-openssl-path in the configure: The module doesn't
know where to find the SSL libraries.

Try 'ldd /path/to/mod_authz_ldap.so' and see if the SSL library is found. If
not, you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /path/to/ssl-lib. Don't forget to
add this to your startup scripts too.

Joost