httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saxa Egea <s...@saxa.dyndns.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache + LDAP + DAV + homes without ~
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 14:31:31 GMT
  Dear all,

I have compiled a httpd 2.2.16 with LDAP and DAV support running over
SuSE linux.

I'm trying to create a "ftp like" server through mod_dav. The
authentication is made to a LDAP directory.
I want to access with URL's like:

http://servername/user1000/
http://servername/user1001/
http://servername/user1002/

And just the user1000 should be able to access the user1000 directory,
the user1001 its own user1001 directory, etc.

I don't want to create a dedicated rule for each user/directory. And I
don't want to use the "~" at the beginning of the URL.

I have tried:
-----------------------------------
AliasMatch ^/user(.[0-9])/(.*) "/home/user$1/$2"
<DirectoryMatch "/user(.[0-9])/(.*)">
         DAV on

         Order Allow,Deny
         Allow from All

         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "LDAP Auth"
         AuthBasicProvider ldap
         AuthzLDAPAuthoritative On

         AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://LDAPSERVER:389/o=LDAPBASE?userid?sub?(objectClass=Person)" NONE

         AuthLDAPBindDN cn=LDAPUSER,o=LDAPBASE
         AuthLDAPBindPassword LDAPPASSWD

</DirectoryMatch>
-----------------------------------
This is working fine until I try to limit the user "user$1" to access
the "user$1" directory (example: user1000 is trying to access to the
user1000 directory).
I'm trying with the "require user user$1". But it is not processed, it
thinks is "user$1", not "user1000" user.

I have also tried to user the "require valid-user". But once you are
authenticated then you can change the URL to any other directory.

I have also tried to set and env (SetEnv UserID...) but it is not
working too.

Is there any solution for that? Any Idea?

Thanks in advance
   Saxa