httpd-users mailing list archives

From Himanshu Raina <raina_himan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache - Client Max Out
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 04:17:21 GMT
Hi Matus,
Well the setup is like this.
Nginx (working as a frontend server) proxying requests to apache. Since increasing apache
MaxClient value to something higher isn't a good idea (esp when static and dynamic content
have been separated), I'm wondering what are my options. What is the best way to debug such
a problem. The logs contain the usual information. Could netstat be of any help here ? I'm
just looking for ways and means to tackle this situation.
Regards,

--- On Mon, 26/7/10, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache - Client Max Out
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Monday, 26 July, 2010, 2:41 PM

Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 23.07.10 18:06, Himanshu Raina wrote:
> What are the possible reasons for apache to max out ? How can this be
> diagnosed ? I am running a webserver with MaxClients of 200. On some
> occasions the http hits the ceiling and starts rejecting connection. The
> chances of it happening are as high as once a day. Could it be a result of
> bad coding or is there something wrong with my apache. I'm using
> apache(2.0.55) with php (5.2.6). Any help / suggestion in this regard is
> appreciated.

apparently your server is being used. Check logs if it's not being abused
(e.g. if you don't have an open proxy).
I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.