httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Janovsky <peterjanov...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] modifying original request response headers when using subrequests
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:51:58 GMT
i'm in need of help clarifying the request and subrequest life-cycles and how
and when response headers are modified.

what i have is a request for audio content.  the audio content is verified
within a C module which performs a subrequest.  custom response headers need to
be sent upon a successful subrequest call.

what happens

1.  if i modify the response headers before the subrequest is performed they
appear correct within the response
2.  if i modify the response headers after the subrequest is performed they DO
NOT appear correct within the response

i'm using "chunked  transfer-encoding" which in conjunction with my results from
the "what happens" section is leading me to assume that the headers are sent to
the client before the subrequest is performed.

where can i modify the response headers after the subrequest is performed and
before the headers are sent?