httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Aminoff <amin...@nber.org>
Subject [users@httpd] is there a way to cache authorized content?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:09:17 GMT

mod_cache can not cache authorized content because the mod_cache handler
hook happens very early in the HTTP request cycle. We would like to cache
content for our authorized subscribers. The files (moderate sized PDFs)
are stored on an NFS server and we would like to use a local cache with
all the features mod_cache provides.

  - Is there another apache cacheing module that one could use instead
which registers itself later, perhaps even simply as a content handler?

  - I have seen some threads dated 2004 and 2009 that discuss a similar
issue. Is there a patch of some sort to mod_cache that would allow it to
register into a later phase?

Thanks,

   - Alex Aminoff
     BaseSpace.net
     National Bureau of Economic Research (nber.org)