httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tapas Mishra <mightydre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] failing to determine servers fully qualified doamin name
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:43:57 GMT
> Eg, if your server is called 'bob', then put 'ServerName bob' in the
> apache config, and add a line '192.168.1.5 bob' to /etc/hosts.
Also what you are saying in these lines if you read first message when
I started this thread I had done these changes which you have
suggested
 before pasting the question here on the list
in /etc/hosts
and ServerName does exists
in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf so I had posted the question.

The server has different domain names meaning. if one is ending in
.edu and another fqdn on same server is ending in .com