httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Troubleshooting namebased virtual websites
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:35:04 GMT
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM, John Hudak <jjhudak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is what is causing me to scratch my head....Why is it looking for
> '/htdocs'....
>
> The log files in the /logs directory are there for each namebased domain.  I
> assume apache put them there when I restarted apache because I did not (I
> just created the directories).  The log files are empty. So no, no error
> information of any sort was written to the log files for any of the three
> domains. The errors appear in: var/log/apache2/error.log.  I don't know of
> any other logs to look at that may be helpful.
>
> Sorry, I should have stated this in the initial post.
> -J

That would suggest it isn't making it to the vhost.

I'm not au fait with debian/*buntu apache configuration layout, but do
you have a line like 'NameVirtualHost *' somewhere in the apache conf?
If you are using '<VirtualHost *>' then you should have exactly one
'NameVirtualHost *' line in the config, otherwise it will not be doing
name based virtual hosting.

Cheers

Tom