httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tapas Mishra <mightydre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2 reverse proxy to serve an application
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:25:42 GMT
Since I  set "ProxyPreserveHost On", so the hostname I  use for
ProxyPass at B is irrelevant.
The request sent by server A to server B will always have the same
hostname as the request received by server A.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypreservehost

That is why I have asked this question.How do I change the hostname of
incoming request.
Since if I do not preserver Hostname for a request which goes to B
with site2.abc.com then the application would not be able to maintain
session for logged in users.
So I have to preserve the requested hostname.
But for /application I have transfer it some how this thing I am not getting.