httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] what threads and processes apache needs to run
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:32:51 GMT
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I want to know what threads and processes apache needs to run
> from Unix servers.If I want to run Apache on a Cell phone then what
> things my OS needs to be able to be running.
> I checked these links
> http://research.nokia.com/tr/NRC-TR-2006-005.pdf
> http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=raccoon
> Googled also but did not got exact answer to my question.

If you're seriously considering porting Apache to some new platform,
step one would be looking at providing implementations for all the
portability features of APR.

This has little to do with "threads and processes", and more to do
with plugging APR features into the right APIs provided by the systems
runtime.

You'd need a pretty thorough understanding of the OS you're porting
to, as well as the toolchain, to have a prayer.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com