httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Godrej <jamesgod...@yahoo.in>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.15 says You do not have permission to view [this file]
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:06:15 GMT
You need to have the owner of your Document Root as your apache or www-data user
not root.

________________________________
From: adp002 <adp002@aol.com>
To: Apache Users Group <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, 29 July, 2010 3:55:34 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.15 says You do not have permission to view
[this file]

I installed Apache server 2.2.15 and initially the server worked fine.  Then
I installed Php 5.2.13.  Initially the server worked with a test file.  I
installed MySql 5 and Task Manager on Vista Ultimate said that mysql was
running.  However, when I now entered http://localhost:8080/test.php, I
received a message "Forbidden ... You don't have permission to access /test
php on this server". Also, when I click on a link in MS Outlook 2007 or Word
2007, I receive the message "This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator." Firefox and IE links work just fine.  An attempt at a System
Restore yielded the message "failed due to unspecified reasons."  I
uninstalled both MySql and Php ... to no avail.
Suggestions, please?

Alan