httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Whitney <sc...@journyx.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Name-based virtual hosting SSL (seems to work)
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:59:21 GMT
Thanks, Eric.

I'm a little confused. I _think_ you're saying that the vhost-scope configuration _for the
SSL Certificate stuff only_ will be served up to all,
but the remaining directives (Directory, FastCGI stuff, etc) will be on a per NVH basis? At
least those are the results that I'm seeing.

Which, if I'm reading this correctly, should be a complete non-issue, assuming that all sites
are using the same wildcard certificates, right?

> Am I missing something? I'm using the same certificate for all sites. The
> statement is very clear that this cannot and will not work, but it seems to
> be working for me.
>
> Can someone elucidate?

The FAQ for that release should say that the vhost-scope SSL
configuration of the first-listed NVH will be used, limiting the
certificate that can be prevented to the default vhosts'.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com