httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hajo Locke" <hajo.lo...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] recommended setup apache/php
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:56:17 GMT
Hello List,

iam looking for most recommendend setup of apache/php for my purposes. I
want to provide dynamical webspace for some users and there moderate volume
pages.
I know apache in combination with mod_php is fastest setup but i want to
avoid mod_php for some reasons.
Could imagine a setup like this: php is provided as fastcgi using mod_fcgid
or mod_fastcgi (different versions possible) . Which threading model should
apache use? worker or prefork?
some pages recommend worker-threading for faster requests.
Whats the opinion of the experts? which kind of setup is most recommend for
my purposes? some people telled that php in cgi mode consumes a lot more cpu
then mod_php. is that correct? how to avoid this?

Thanks,
Hajo