httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jefferson Ogata <apa...@antibozo.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_filter and CGIs
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:45:16 GMT
Greetings.

I am trying to apply INCLUDES processing selectively to CGIs depending
on output content type, to no avail. Wondering if anyone else has run
into this.

Server is fully patched RHEL 5 x86_64 with Red Hat-provided
httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.

Server DefaultType is text/plain.

My cgi-bin directory is defined using ScriptAlias. In a Directory block
for that location, I have:

        Options +IncludesNOEXEC
        <IfModule mod_filter.c>
            FilterDeclare SSI
            FilterProvider SSI INCLUDES resp=Content-Type $text/html
            FilterChain SSI
        </IfModule>
        XBitHack off

With this configuration I would expect that INCLUDES would be applied to
all CGI output with a Content-Type of text/html. But instead, it applies
to all CGI output regardless of Content-Type. It doesn't matter what I
put in the FilterProvider line; INCLUDES processing always happens.

This is potentially bad since I have some CGIs that produce tar files
and other binary data that could potentially contain an SSI directive.

I also tried using the deprecated AddOutputFilterByType, but that didn't
work either; with text/html as the selected type, it still applied to
text/plain output, although it didn't apply to image/png.

Thanks in advance...