httpd-users mailing list archives

From Moataz Elmasry <zaza185198...@googlemail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] authentication when having multiple aliases
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:04:53 GMT
Hello List

I'm using mod_jk to run tomcat udner apache and my httpd.conf the Auth
directive to define usernames and passwords,etc...

So when someone opens the application/makes a GET request againest the
server for the first time he gets the authentication dialog.
Now I'm using three aliases for the server, so that images and js are
downloaded from different sources. The problem is that the
authentication dialog appears three times (or more), which is of course
understandable. but its not practical at all. Is there a way to login
once and use multiple Aliases at the same time?

Kind regards,
Moataz