httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve reilly <sfrei...@roadrunner.com>
Subject [users@httpd] hostname & IP issue
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 03:12:43 GMT
Hi,

its been a while since ive set a site up before, (2+ years!) had a
couple personal sites hosted on a box at home running etch.  well.... it
got hacked.... bad enough to trash everything, so ... on a new install
of lenny and wordpress downloaded from the wordpress site, not from deb
repo.

issue #1 im having is, when i hover over a link on a page served from
the new wordpress install it shows my hostname, and other links show the
ip?  (admin login, and "edit" post show my ip, everything else shows
hostname.

issue #2  clicking any link that shows my hostname just re loads the
page.  if i copy the link, and change my hostname to the server ip, the
correct page loads.

im sure its something simple i neglected, but for the life of me, i cant
figure it out.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName mysite.com
ServerAdmin steve@reillyblog.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/mysite.com/wordpress
DirectoryIndex index.php
<Directory /var/www/mysite.com/>
   AllowOverride All
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost><VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName budget-repair.com
ServerAdmin steve@reillyblog.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/budget-repair.com/wordpress
DirectoryIndex index.php
<Directory /var/www/budget-repair.com/>
   AllowOverride All
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

wordpress config has 2 areas in "general settings" where it asks for a
"wordpress url" and "site url"  for the "site url" i have my hostname,
and for the "wordpress url" ive tried both my hostname, and server ip.
the only one that works is my server ip.  if i use my hostname there,
the home page doesnt render properly, and every link that you click the
same page loads again.

any tips?

steve