httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Refresh issue displaying first page of PDF?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:21:45 GMT
Lee Fisher wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am running apache HTTPD 2.2.14 on CentOS.
> We have recently encountered an issue displaying some pdfs served by apache.
> The first page will show up, but the text and content will not be visible.
> If I scroll to page 2, the information will be visible and then scrolling
> back up shows the pdf as normal.  We can't figure out what is going on with
> these pdfs.

I suspect it's an Adobe Reader plugin issue more than an httpd issue. I
have seen it on a few sites when loading pdfs in the plugin.

As you know, it doesn't impact the content directly, only the viewing of
it. I have seen it where an 87 page pdf only had 1 page in the plugin,
and nothing visible on the page. :\

I think all you can do until Adobe fixes the plugin is to put a message
on the site letting visitors know it may happen and how to be able to
access the contents. [ save it to disk then open it in the full reader
app usually best option. ]