httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Powe <mich...@trollope.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Dynamically set log level from within a module
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:24:07 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible for me to dynamically set log level from within a
module for debugging purposes?

IOW, I have a "debug" flag for the module to enable it to write
debugging messages when debug=On.  This flag is set through a
directive in the module configuration section of httpd.conf.

But in order for this to work, the LogLevel directive has to be set to
debug, also.  I would like to be able to reset LogLevel to `debug'
whenever I turn on debugging in the module and leave it to whatever
its default setting might be, otherwise.

I'm open to suggestions if there's a better way to go about this.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe		michael@trollope.org		Naugatuck CT USA
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts