httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bennett Haselton <benn...@peacefire.org>
Subject [users@httpd] how to make ErrorDocument apply to https:// site as well?
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 02:38:58 GMT
In my httpd.conf file I added the directive (at the bottom of the
file, so at the top level):

ErrorDocument 403 /banned_ip.php

That works when I go to a file that I've set chmod to 000:
http://209.160.28.154/forbidden.txt

(of course the "banned IP" message doesn't make any sense in that
context where the real reason the file is forbidden is because its
permissions are 000, but I'm just testing the ErrorDocument directive)

But when I go to the https:// version of the same URL (after ignoring
the SSL cert error of course):
https://209.160.28.154/forbidden.txt
I see a generic "403 forbidden" instead of the error I specified in
ErrorDocument.

How do I make the ErrorDocument directive apply to my SSL site as
well?  I've tried inserting "ErrorDocument 403 /banned_ip.php" into
ssl.conf at the top level, and into ssl.conf inside the <VirtualHost
_default_:443></VirtualHost> tags, but none of that worked.

	-Bennett