httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luc I. Suryo" <...@suryo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Solaris 10 / Apache / LDAP
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:30:45 GMT
Jamen,

Still need help?

look in the config.log file and also the problem could be 32bits vs 64bits libraries
in with you will need to add -m64 to your CLAGS

sometime the error message is not telling the real problem!

McGranahan, Jamen <jamen.mcgranahan@Vanderbilt.Edu>
   wrote at Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:06:33AM -0500:

> I am trying to configure httpd-2.2.15 on a Sun Solaris 10 sparc server with the following
>
> ./configure CC=gcc --prefix=/opt/pkgs/apache-2.2.15 --enable-access --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
--enable-setenv --enable-so --enable-ldap --with-ldap-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-ldap-include=/usr/local/include
--with-ldap=ldap --enable-authnz_ldap --enable-cgi --enable-rewrite=shared

> However, it fails every time with this (last few lines):
>
> checking for ldap support...
>   setting APRUTIL_INCLUDES to "-I/usr/local/include"
>   setting APRUTIL_LDFLAGS to "-L/usr/local/lib"
> checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
> checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
> checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
> checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
> configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
>
> Before this, I installed openldap-2.4.22, using the package from sunfreeware.com. Libraries
are installed in /usr/local/lib (I checked and verified on another server running 2.2.15 with
ldap support). I did try the information from this page, but received the same result: http://brent.kearneys.ca/2006/12/10/building-ldap-authentication-into-apache2/
 The srclib/apr would install fine. It appears to be a problem with the srclib/apr-util that
is giving me fits and I really don't know why. I even added /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment, but still the same result. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

--- End of jamen.mcgranahan@Vanderbilt.Edu's quote ---

--
ls

"The world is like a interesting book, those who do not travel
  and see it remain on only one page.
  - It's a Blessing in disguise."

"Remember... No one travels faster than the speed of life"