httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bennett Haselton <benn...@peacefire.org>
Subject [users@httpd] where is 'apr-1-config'?
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:07:40 GMT
I emailed the author of the modlogslow module asking for help
installing it on CentOS 5.5, and he sent me back instructions that
included this step:

2. compile

# first, get link switch(es) for linking to APR by apr-1-config
$ /___path-to-apache-bin___/apr-1-config --link-ld

ex.
/home/apache-2.2.2/bin/apr-1-config --link-ld
    -L/home/apache-2.2.2/lib -lapr-1

I replied that I didn't have a file called "apr-1-config" on my
machine, and that there were no files with *apr* names in the
/usr/sbin/ directory, which is where my httpd executable
lives.  Unfortunately I didn't hear back from him after that.

I have googled "apr-1-config" but couldn't find any info.  If he
assumes that file is on my machine, is he making some assumption
about my machine?  (e.g. is this file only present on machines where
Apache was built from source? because mine was provisioned for me by
the hosting company and it doesn't have the Apache source on it).

	-Bennett