httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Bakshi" <joyd...@infoservices.in>
Subject [users@httpd] still see .htaccess and .htpasswd trough virtual host
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:10:34 GMT
Hello list,

I have become little confused and hope to get some help. I have a suse
11.2 server running   Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE) with some virtual hosts. I already have the
following in httpd.conf file

``````````````
AccessFileName .htaccess

#
# The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being
# viewed by Web clients.
#
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
</Files>

But still I can read the .htaccess and .htpasswd file through browser, when visit the virtual
host. But if I add the above config at the virtual host itself, it works well. So the virtualhosts
bypass the config already there in httpd.conf.  Do I need to write the code for each and every
virtualhost then ? Not possible to define at any common point just once ?

Please let me know,
Thanks