httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] still see .htaccess and .htpasswd trough virtual host
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:57:23 GMT
Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 08.07.10 13:40, J. Bakshi wrote:
> I already have the following in httpd.conf file
>
> ``````````````
> AccessFileName .htaccess
> #
> # The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being
> # viewed by Web clients.
> #
> <Files ~ "^\.ht">
>     Order allow,deny
>         Deny from all
> </Files>

> But still I can read the .htaccess and .htpasswd file through browser,
> when visit the virtual host. But if I add the above config at the virtual
> host itself, it works well. So the virtualhosts bypass the config already
> there in httpd.conf.  Do I need to write the code for each and every
> virtualhost then ? Not possible to define at any common point just once ?

is this in server config or in some virtualhost or directory section?
Is there any <Files> section of the host you are referring to?

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler