httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manoj Samtani <manoj.kuma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Recommended way to setup Virtual Host
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 06:43:23 GMT

It's very simple to setup NameBase Virtual Host in Apache:

Like we have server with 10.0.0.1 IP which should serve over port 80 and we want to setup
Apache for domains abc.com and xyz.com. Follow below given notes.

Add following lines in httpd.conf file:

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.1:80

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1:80>
ServerName abc.com
DocumentRoot /path/to/doc/root
CustomLog /path/to/create/access/log/for/abc_access.log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1:80>

ServerName xyz.com

DocumentRoot /path/to/doc/root
CustomLog /path/to/create/access/log/for/xyz_access.log common

</VirtualHost>

Reload Apache. This should work. ;-)

Thanks,
Manoj