httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wang, Mary Y" <mary.y.w...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] File uploads not working for quite small files (~20 KB)
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:32:28 GMT
What did you define for post_max_size in php.ini?
I recall memory_limit could also affect file upload.
After you make a change, make sure that you restart apache server.

Mary

________________________________
From: Baljeet Nijjhar [mailto:baljeet.nijjhar@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 8:16 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] File uploads not working for quite small files (~20 KB)

Hi

I am uploading files as part of an HTTPS request to an Apache 2.0 HTTP server acting as a
proxy server to my web application. It works if I have a file of about 5KB. But a file of
about 20KB or more does not get uploaded to my Web application. To make matters worse, the
limit of the file size that gets uploaded if the request is from Firefox is lower than if
it is from Internet Explorer.

I have looked at the HTTP headers/request size leaving the browser and all seems fine. There
is nothign untoward in the access_log/ssl_request_log/error_log. It seems that Apache HTTP
server is quietly 'dropping' the file.

I have looked at php.ini and the upload_max_filesize is 2M. I don't have any LimitRequestBody
directives configured asfar as I can see. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening,
and what parameter/module is controlling it?

thanks, Baljeet.