httpd-users mailing list archives

From <mitchel.carl...@asipay.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to conditionally set cache-control
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 00:05:49 GMT
Please excuse my query as I'm new to apache and open source in general.
I'm attempting to set the cache-control to no-cache by using the
following statements within my httpd.conf:

<FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|js|css)$">

Header unset ETag

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store,
must-revalidate"

Header set Pragma "no-cache"

Header set Expires "Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT"

</FilesMatch>

When I use the configuration above, I get the following unexpected
response (home.html page):

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

If I remove the 'FilesMatch' conditional statement and use the
following::

Header unset ETag

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store,
must-revalidate"

Header set Pragma "no-cache"

Header set Expires "Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT"

I then get the expected results on the response (home.html page):

HTTP/1.1 200 OK