httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luis Neves <luisne...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] OCSP, CRL, apache and openssl questions
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:20:35 GMT

Hi there,

I am unable to use the SSLOCSPEnable directive in ssl.conf

My httpd-2.2.3-6 running on RHEL5 gives a unknown module error when restarted:
"nvalid command 'SSLOCSPEnable', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in
the server configuration"

here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_ssl.html
it says that SSLOCSPEnable is "Available in httpd 2.3 and later"

so, do I need to download and compile httpd 2.3 on my RHEL to be able to use OCSP?
what alternatives do I have?

And what about using apache+mod_nss to be able to use OCSP with my current apache to "validate"
expired client X509 certificates instead of apache+mod_ssl?

Or at this state of apache development should I forget OCSP and try to use CRL and automate
CRL updates using some cron job and some scripting?

Regards,
Luis Neves