httpd-users mailing list archives

From Baljeet Nijjhar <baljeet.nijj...@googlemail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] File uploads not working for quite small files (~20 KB)
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:15:31 GMT
Hi

I am uploading files as part of an HTTPS request to an Apache 2.0 HTTP
server acting as a proxy server to my web application. It works if I have a
file of about 5KB. But a file of about 20KB or more does not get uploaded to
my Web application. To make matters worse, the limit of the file size that
gets uploaded if the request is from Firefox is lower than if it is from
Internet Explorer.

I have looked at the HTTP headers/request size leaving the browser and all
seems fine. There is nothign untoward in the
access_log/ssl_request_log/error_log. It seems that Apache HTTP server is
quietly 'dropping' the file.

I have looked at php.ini and the upload_max_filesize is 2M. I don't have any
LimitRequestBody directives configured asfar as I can see. Does anyone have
any ideas as to why this is happening, and what parameter/module is
controlling it?

thanks, Baljeet.