httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_ldap issue on Apache 2.2.15 on AIX
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:20:09 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Christophe Thibault
<christophe.thibault@planisware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built Apache 2.2.15 with LDAP support on a AIX system.
>
> When I test a LDAP-protected location, I get this weird error in my
> error_log file :
>
> [Thu Jun 10 15:26:45 2010] [info] [client 172.16.4.212] [544822] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user chris authentication failed; URI /testldap [LDAP: ldap
> initialization failed][Unknown (private extension) error]
>
> Does any one has pointer to find how to fix this (additional traces, checks,
> etc.)?

For an LDAP lib that doesn't have a real accessible logging, you can try this:

http://people.apache.org/~covener/ldap/

But if AIX LDAP is actually Tivoli Directory Server client libs, you
can just set LDAP_DEBUG=65535 in the native environment variable.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com