httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pablo Garcia Melga <mal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to conditionally set cache-control
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:45:54 GMT
Is the home.html an actual file or a Rewrite rule ?
Do you have the same problem with other files ? .js or .css ?

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM, <mitchel.carlsen@asipay.com> wrote:

>  Please excuse my query as I’m new to apache and open source in general.
> I’m attempting to set the cache-control to no-cache by using the following
> statements within my httpd.conf:
>

> <FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|js|css)$">
>
> Header unset ETag
>
> Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
>
> Header set Pragma "no-cache"
>
> Header set Expires "Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT"
>
> </FilesMatch>
>

> When I use the configuration above, I get the following unexpected response
> (home.html page):
>

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
> Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:35:14 GMT
>
> Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
>
> Connection: close
>
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked

> If I remove the ‘FilesMatch’ conditional statement and use the following::
>

> Header unset ETag
>
> Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
>
> Header set Pragma "no-cache"
>
> Header set Expires "Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT"
>

> I then get the expected results on the response (home.html page):
>

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
> Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:43:04 GMT
>
> Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
>
> Cache-Control: max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
>
> Pragma: no-cache
>
> Expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT
>
> Connection: close
>
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked

> I have not been able to get the conditional ‘FilesMatch’ statement to
> work.  Any ideas what I may be doing wrong or may be missing?  Thanks in
> advance for your help.
>

> MJC

> Notice: This information is intended only for the person(s) or entity(ies) to which it
is addressed. This information may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and
then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other
use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited.