httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tapas Mishra <mightydre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rewrite rule tutorial on ask apache I could not understand syntax
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:56:07 GMT
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I dont understand what you are asking? - the reply comes from apache.
I could not understand I am newcomer to apache.I have used Reverse
Proxy and other settings but do not completely understand it.
So trying to understand how apache behaves when it gets a request to
serve a webpage what is happening in background.

> HTTP_HOST is a variable that holds the value of the http header
> 'Host'. If the browser doesn't send one, it isn't going to have a
> value.

What is Host in this reply which you are referring to.

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com