httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:14:48 GMT
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Jeff Shearer <jeff@shearer-family.org> wrote:

> I also carefully verified that my /etc/hosts include a fqdn for each of the VirtualHosts
served from my development server.  Yet, I get the following error:

> [Sun Jun 06 14:02:11 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80 has no VirtualHosts
>
> I am going nuts here with this.  What am I missing?

What you are missing is, amongst others, that the message you get is a
"Warming ("[warn]") not an error. There are two situations which can
trigger this warning:
- A NameVirtualHost without any <VirtualHost> blocks.
- A second NameVirtualHost statement identical to an existing one.

The warning serves the purpose of warning you that you might have
overlooked something, but it is not an error. Having a duplicate
NameVirtualHost statement does not cause any malfunctioning. It's just
a bit untidy.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com