httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Taggesell <dirk.tagges...@proximic.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy with partial paths possible
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:49:55 GMT
Hi all,

I run an Apache 2.2.11 for several virtual hosts and I configured
several reverse proxy directives which are working as intended.

Now I received a request to configure some additional rules, like these:

ProxyPass	        /bla/  http://first-back-end:8000/
ProxyPassReverse	/bla/  http://first-back-end:8000/

ProxyPass		/bla/req http://second-back-end:9200/req
ProxyPassReverse	/bla/req http://second-back-end:9200/req

While the first one works as intended, the second one is somewhat
special: it is intended to route requests like this:

http://frontend/req.txt?some=arguments&and=evensomemore

as well as

http://frontend/req.xml?some=arguments&and=evensomemore

to the second backend. And introducing an additional path like

http://frontend/path/req.xml?some=arguments&and=evensomemore

is not allowed, though it would make the whole thing much easier.

Can the desired behaviour being achieved with a simple reverse proxy
directive? Or would I need ProxyReverseMatch or something?

--
kind regards
Dirk Taggesell