httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Login too many times??
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 21:22:11 GMT
Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I noticed from behind a firewall that I have to log into each Apache virtual host. I
do not seem to remember to have to do that when I had my files under 1 host. What happens
is I have virtual hosts assigned to specific contexts and when I hit that page I have to login
multiple times once for each context associated with a host. Also, the images that are associated
with the contexts show up as red x's till I login.

> Is that expected?
yes, each host is a unique server

  If so what can I do to workaround that?
go with all in one server / host again? :D

you could use some really fancy scripting with mod_rewrite to make the
different vhost calls give you the content you want, all from one host.

Jaqui