httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Diego Trombetta" <diego.trombe...@carel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] DNS lookup cached
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:54:12 GMT

I'm using Apache as reverse proxy to redirect request inside a LAN.
I'm trying to dynamically change the address to which forward request
through Apache.
In my configuration file I use something like:

<location /dynlocation/>
	ProxyPass  http://dynlocation/
	ProxyPassReverse /
</location>

The DNS lookup is resolved reading the hosts file (it's a window system).

10.0.0.1 dynlocation

I thought that chancing the hosts file at runtime would have made the trick,
i.e. writing:

10.0.0.2 dynlocation

but it seems that Apache is caching the IP and keeps on sending requests to
10.0.0.1

I cannot restart Apache every time I need a different IP.

Does anybody know how to clean that DNS cache or has a different idea to
solve this problem?

Thanks,
Diego