httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Koerner <martin-koer...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Inifite loop with mod_sspi,mod_proxy and mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 12:06:18 GMT
Hi,

I had the same problem with mod_auth_kerb.

>         RewriteEngine On
>         RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} (.+)
>         RewriteRule .* - [E=RU:%1]
>         RequestHeader set REMOTE_USER %{RU}e

My solution was to change the RewriteRule to:
   RewriteRule .* - [E=RU:%1,NS]

>From Apache documentation: 'nosubreq|NS' (used only if no internal sub-request)
This flag forces the rewriting engine to skip a rewriting rule if the current
request is an internal sub-request

%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} is doing such an internal sub-request. And with the NS-flag
it isn't be rewritten to it self again and again...

By,

Martin Koerner